customer-care on Qantas

Guest hannash

Guest hannash

hey everyone on pio,,we got a quote yesterday from travel-agent one way from dublin heathrow ,no stop over ,,just an hour or two in hong kong or singapore with quantis ,,has anyone done this route ,,even from heathrow just wondering what they are like to fly with ,,we will have 2 wee ones with us ,,everyone seems to be flying with all the other airlines,any input at all

Sorry can't help as I've not flown Qantas, but the main thing to check is if they're code sharing with BA for any of the sectors...

I've heard there's a difference between BA and Qantas, but can't comment myself as haven't flown long-haul with either!

Guest siamsusie
hey everyone on pio,,we got a quote yesterday from travel-agent one way from dublin heathrow ,no stop over ,,just an hour or two in hong kong or singapore with quantis ,,has anyone done this route ,,even from heathrow just wondering what they are like to fly with ,,we will have 2 wee ones with us ,,everyone seems to be flying with all the other airlines,any input at all

Hi Hannash,

Welcome..

There are members who are very satisfied with Qantas, and have had positive remarks to make about them.

I am a supporter of the Asian market myself, but if the price is right why not.

May I ask when are you travelling please and what prices you have been quoted.?

Susie x

Guest siamsusie

May I remind members that the OP has asked a perfectly normal question and we DO NOT support the spelling Police on the forum.

Thank you

Susie

You beat me to it!!! If you remember that it stands for Queensland and Northern Territory Aerial Services there should be no problem in remembering how to spell it.

However in answer to your original question. I usually fly Qantas and have done for years with occasional forays into other airlines when I have needed to count the pennies but I always come back to Qantas. I have never (touch wood) had a bad flight with them and as I dont particularly want people to be fawning over me they suit me very well. I have travelled with them with babies (heading off with two small grandchildren in a couple of weeks) and found them to be excellent. I like the straight through flight, get all the pain over and done with in one hit I reckon! You can do anything for 24 hours!!!

Guest siamsusie

I fly Qantas whenever I can as they are the best for service, a little pricey but you get what you pay for. I recently went on the A380 Sydney to Singapore and got a free upgrade to premium econ and it was fantastic. Flying back I went cattle class and the service was still good.

Even flying domestic I choose Qantas.

I've never had any issues with service on BA, they've always been fantastic the times I've flown with them.

I have however had issues with Qantas. Service from the Qantas flight attendants in my experience has been variable, from great to horrendous, and seems to depend on which side of bed the flight attendants got out of that morning. Having said that, it wouldn't stop me flying with them if they're cheaper than Singapore Airlines and flying direct from/to Adelaide on the days I'm wanting to fly.

Guest hannash

thanks every body,(almost everybody)listen ,,the thing is i`m about to embark on the most stressfull things i have ever done,,i dont gamble but i know this is a big one i`m bringing my wife and 2 wee girls away to a place far far away from everything and everyone they know ,,as i wipe this tear away thinking about the magnitude of what i`m doing i`m can be a little bit happier knowing that there are some people out there who can tell me which is a nice airline to fly with to make the first part of this trip pleasant ,sorry if there is an odd spelling mistake ,,i have to bring my wife to work and in a hurry

Guest siamsusie
thanks every body,(almost everybody)listen ,,the thing is i`m about to embark on the most stressfull things i have ever done,,i dont gamble but i know this is a big one i`m bringing my wife and 2 wee girls away to a place far far away from everything and everyone they know ,,as i wipe this tear away thinking about the magnitude of what i`m doing i`m can be a little bit happier knowing that there are some people out there who can tell me which is a nice airline to fly with to make the first part of this trip pleasant ,sorry if there is an odd spelling mistake ,,i have to bring my wife to work and in a hurry

I did send you a PM, maybe you can pick it up when you are back from your drive.

Please send me a message and I will do some searches for you.

Please do not worry, we all fully appreciate the stress when it comes to migration.

Susie x

My apologies :embarrassed:

I've flown Qantas a few times. They code share with BA so flying to Aus you often fly BA first leg, Qantas second.

TBH I find Qantas ok to good. They are not excellent by any means. My worse trip with them was a few years back when the toilets in the mid section were disgusting before the flight was mid way through. Someone had been sick in one and it wasn't cleaned up. And there was rubbish all round the mid section loos that wasn't picked up. The plane was a shambles. It wasn't pleasant to then have a meal served with the smell of vomit wafting down the plane.

BA I've always found good. Staff great and their planes and loos have been kept clean. I don't like their infant seats as they are like rocker chairs. No good past a year old. Qantas have the drop down bassinets which can easily fit a child past a year old (our son was 22 months and we got him in one, with his legs curled up a bit).

Given a choice I'd fly Singapore airlines, cathay pacific and BA to Aus/Asia. But BA codeshare so you often get Qantas anyways. Not to bad so long as its the second leg from Singapore to Aus.

:unsure:it all counts thanks,

You may find its a codeshare flight anyways and the first leg will be with BA. Do you have the flight numbers to hand, if so it'll tell you which airline is carrying you.

I flew BA to Aus, Qantas back, and I preferred Qantas waaaay more. Both were lovely but hte plane was beautiful, the service was SO doting, they couldn't do enough for me. The entertainment was superb, nice leg room, nice food, and everyone was very accomodating. Really recommend them, I would be happy to fly if I had young kids with them, there was a baby near us that didn't peep once through out the entire 27 hour flight with a two hour stop at Bangkok!

Guest Bazinga

I flew with Qantas in July with 2 smalls, 1 5yr old and a 1yr old ALONE and they were fine. Food nice, entertainment good, clean & they were happy to heat the babies bottle. The plane was huge and my 6ft husband had plenty of room when he (finally) flew back too.

Guest colcase

Hi Hannash,

As other posters have stated it is normally BA who flies into Asia and Quantas who fly on to Oz. However, as stated by snifter if you went on line and typed in the flight numbers you would be able to tell which airline was flying. It might be worth just looking at the quantas website www.qantas.com.au/ireland

and trying to identify through dates and times who you will be flying with.

I have flown both on the above route (BA and Quantas) and also with Singapore Airlines. Last time we flew Singapore Airlines with a 10week old a 2 year old and 3 year old and they were fantastic!!!! The service was very good and they were very patient with both ourselves and the children. We flew to London from Cork then took a night flight from London (the kids slept) stayed over in Singapore and then took an early morning flight to Sydney (again kids slept most of the way)

We are heading back in November and like you are looking for flights from Ireland. Again I would really like to fly with Singapore Airlines however the Quantas prices seem to be quite reasonable. (although there does not seem to be much difference) This time we would look at maybe doing a 10-12 hr intransit stop in Singapore, go into one of the intransit hotels and not have to leave the airport) before commenicing on the 2nd leg 9that way we can have 2 night flights and a full day when we arrive to tire the kids out!!!

I suppose the only way to think of it is that you will be flying for 24-27hrs and then it is done with!!

Best of luck!

Good luck whoever you fly with Hannash - I've flown back and forth a fair bit, and the important thing to remember is what's waiting at the other end! I've flown Qantas domestic and they're great, just never tried them long-haul - but friends have and say they're great!

(And don't worry about the spelling, in Oz they included Qantas in a lot of spelling tests when I was at school and I always got it wrong!)

Whoever you fly with, just come prepared for the journey with your little ones - colouring books and small (non-electronic) toys are great so you can distract them during take-off etc.

While you're waiting around at the airports it's a good chance to stretch your legs - and wear out more active munchkins. I have fond memories of hanging around Changi airport for 4 hours once, and being most impressed by a Mum (on her own) frogmarching 4 young kids around the airport. When she boarded the same flight as me I started chatting, and she explained her plan was to wear them out so they were actually looking forward to having a nap on the plane so she could get some peace!

They were sound asleep for most of the flight, so I guess it worked :)

Guest colcase

Hi Hannash,

Going off the topic slightly here, but as you are thinking of travelling from Dublin - I found a great website today www.e-travel.ie found some great fares for around the times we are thinking of travelling and have already rung and spoken to them. They were very helpful.

Good luck!

Guest hannash
Hi Hannash,

Going off the topic slightly here, but as you are thinking of travelling from Dublin - I found a great website today www.e-travel.ie found some great fares for around the times we are thinking of travelling and have already rung and spoken to them. They were very helpful.

Good luck!

dead on ,i`ll have a nosey

If you're still worried why not give Trailfinders a call - their prices are usually pretty good and if there's something they don't know about travelling then it's probably not worth knowing!!

And if the person you speak to doesn't know, the person sitting next to them will :)

(No, i don't work for them, I just think their customer service is brilliant)

Guest Jonny Andy

Thats the same route and carrier We where quoted, Dublin-Heathrow by Aer Lingus, heathrow to Hong Kong by Cathy Pacific or Frankfurt to Singapore by Quantas and onto Perth by both, For a family of four in April 2012 €735 per adult, €627 per child one way.

As for moving the family, your not alone lad!

Archived